Guidelines For Research
Information for giving
Admission Notification for Part-Time Ph.D Programme
Areas of research
Age: No age limit
Registration for Admission Test and Processing Fee
How to Apply?
- Visit the part time Ph.D admission portal.
- Read instructions and Brochure carefully.
- Click on “New User Registration”
- Register with valid Email Id.
- Login with Email Id and password.
- Fill up the application form with branch, academic details and work experience (If applicable).
- Pay application processing fee, Rs 5,000
- Submit the application form
Documents required to be uploaded
- Passport Photograph
- Scanned copy of Signature
- Detailed CV, which includes Bachelor and Master degree, awards/recoginition.
- Mark sheets as per last qualification and eligibility
- Start of online application: 20th June, 2021
- Last date to fill online application: 5th July, 2021
- Last date to receive hard copy of online application and supporting documents at university: 14th July, 2021
- Date of online written test: 30th July, 2021
- Date of online Interview: 5th August, 2021
- Declaration of selected candidates for admission 10th August, 2021
- Last date of fee payment for the selected candidates 18th August, 2021
- Cancellation of Admission with Refund of Fees if any: 24th August, 2021
- Commencement of academic session: 1st September, 2021
|Tuition Fee (per year)||70,000|
|IT Fee (per year)||5,000|
|Provisional Certificate Fee||1,500|
|Degree Certificate Fee||2,000|
|Library Fee (per year)||1,000|
|Medical Examination Fee||1,000|
Guidelines to apply for PhD (Part-time and Full time)
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences(SEAT-PhD)
Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, Biotechnology, Computer Networks, VLSI, Structural Engineering, Signal Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Embedded Systems, Machine Learning, Data Mining.
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences(SEAT-PhD)
Biochemistry, Food Science Technology, Microbiology, Physics, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics, Electronics, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Botany, & Zoology, Biochemical Engineering, Hydro Metallurgy.
School of Humanities and Social Science (SHSS- PhD)
English, Applied Philosophy, Psychology, Mass Communication and Journalism.
School of Arts and Management Studies (SAMS-PhD)
Management, Commerce, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Human resources, Business Law, Banking & Accounting, Production & Operations Management, Finance & Control, Corporate Strategy & Business Excellence, Marketing, Information Systems & Quantitative Methods, Cross-Cultural Management, Finance Management and any other allied areas of interest in Management & Commerce, Marketing Management, Business Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management.
School of Science (SOS-PhD)
Material Science, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Food Science & Nutrition.
Eligibility (Part-Time and Full-Time PhD)
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAT-PhD)
Biotechnology : Candidate must have M.Tech or M.E or equivalent degree in the same branch. B.Tech in Biotechnology or B.Pharm or equivalent or B.Tech Chemical Engineering or M.Sc Microbiology/ Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology) with proficiency in basic biology with proficiency in basic mathematics is also applicable.
Computer Science Engineering: Candidate must have M.tech/M.E/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent degree in the prescribed branch.
Electronics and communication Engineering: Candidate must have M.tech/M.E/B.Tech/B.E in ECE/EIE/ Instrumentation/ Biomedical/ Telecommunication/Medical Electronics or equivalent degree in the prescribed branch.
Electrics and Electronics Engineering: Candidate must have M.tech/M.E/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent degree in the prescribed branch.
Mechanical Engineering: Candidate must have M.tech/M.E/B.Tech/B.E in Mechanical/ productionn/ automobile/marine/ aerospace or equivalent degree in the prescribed branch.
School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS-PhD)
Applied Psychology: M.A, M.Sc Psychology, MBA, or PG in medical science.
Applied Philosophy: M.A degree in Philosophy or equivalent.
English: M.A degree in English or equivalent.
School of Arts and Management Studies PhD
Marketing Management, International Business, Operations Management, Human resource management, Emerging Technologies in Management, Financial Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Accounting: MBA, PGDM, M.Com, M.A, MHRM, MA(economics and social science), CS, ICWAI, M.Sc in Applied mathematics and statistics M.Tech operation with specialization, in the concerned area of research.
School of Science PhD
Applied Mathematics: Candidate must have passed M.Sc Degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, physics or M.Sc/M.Tech/M.E in any branch of engineering
Biochemistry: Candidate must have passed M.Sc Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Zoology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Genetics, Botany, or any branch of Biological Science or M.Pharm/M.V.Sc/M.Tech in chemical engineering, food technology, and food engineering.
Chemistry: M.Sc degree in chemistry or equivalent
Computer Science: Candidates must have a degree of MCA, IS, CS, Dara science, IT, CSEor equivalent master degree in computer science
Electronics: M.Sc degree in electronic science, instrumentation, electronics, computer science
Environmental Science: M.Sc degree in environmental science or PG degree in Science or any branch
Food Science and Technology: M.Sc degree in food technology, food science nutrition and home science
Microbiology: M.Sc/Msc degree in biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry, botany, zoology, food science
Physics: M.Sc degree in physics, material science, solid-state physics, applied physics, theoretical, nuclear, spae, photonics, spectroscopy or any other equivalent degree in physics.
Application & Admission Process
- Complete the Application Form online – bestiu.edu.in/phd-admission-form
- Please filled-in the form with attested copy of transcripts from the Last Examination attended, Industry Experience Certificates (if any)
- Attach a Concept note of not more than 500 words on Research Area of Interest.
- We will call on candidates who are shortlisted from the Application for an online interview.
- Selected candidates will be provided coaching for Online entrance test & guidance for writing research proposals.
- Candidates who are selected for PhD programs on the basis of the admission rounds are then assigned supervisors/guides for their PhD research.
Details are given below for exam pattern:
Mode of Examination: Online
Types of Questions: Conventional and objective type questions
Maximum marks: 100 (70 marks Research methodology and 30 marks specific subjects)
Fee Structure part-time: 50000 per year – To be paid in two installments (25000)
Fee Structure Full time: 70000 per year – To be paid in two installments (35000)